TITLE: Livestock Programming Coordinator (EXEMPT)
FUNCTION: Lead all aspects of programming efforts on behalf of AFAN.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
REPORTABILITY: Maintain regular communication on activites, progress and problem areas with Executive Director. Upon request provide report of activities to Board of Directors. Provide other information that may be required by Executive Director.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To be an effective member of the AFAN team so as to attain the goals and objectives of the organization.
AUTHORITY: Represent AFAN to livestock producers, local and state officials, businesses and corporate partners. Represent AFAN at various local and state government and non-government meetings and activities.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES: Individual must have the “abilities” required to effectively and efficiently accomplish the fundamental job duties listed for this position. Ability is defined as the application of both the skill and the knowledge needed to perform the fundamental job duties.
Serves as a coordinator to assist with Alliance for the Future of Agriculture in Nebraska outreach efforts.
- Work with communications contractor to implement communication and marketing efforts,
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones,
- Work with administrative assistant/office manager on membership outreach,
- Promote and conduct Farmers and Ranchers Deliver Campaign,
- Attend relevant meetings and ensure AFAN presence at trade shows.
Serves as a coordinator to collaboratively develop and implement Alliance for the Future of Agriculture in Nebraska programs.
- Livestock producer programs,
- Community and grassroots support programs,
gricultureand food processing business recruitment programs,
- Livestock producer continuing education programs,
- Consumer education and industry awareness programs,
- Other programs as directed.
Bachelor’sor Associate degree.
- Prefer experience in programplanning, development and implementation.
- Prefer experience in livestock development or an agriculture-related field.
- The position is considered “Light” to “Medium” work with an occasional exertion of 50 lbs. of force for lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects.
- Some travel is required, mainly by automobile and during daylight and nighttime hours.
- Work week not limited to 40 hours per week and will require working some evenings and some weekends.
MENTAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to maintain sustained concentration.
- Able to effectively handle a variety of tasks.
- Able to comprehend, learn, and adjust to change as the job may demand.
- Able to cope with stressful circumstances and cordially interact with co-workers to accomplish The position tasks.
- Positive work attitude (cheerful &helpful).
- Able to increase the speed of work output as required by workflow and/or schedule.
- Able to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to organize time and workflow to effectively accomplish the job duties.
- Understand and practice job confidentiality, as required.
- Meet the following driving record qualifications (due to the availability of a fleet car): a. Hold a valid drivers license for the State of Nebraska b. Proof of current vehicle insurance
- Able to make decisions on imperfect information.
- Bias toward action.
- Must be a self-starter.